Udyam registration is an online process for registering small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in India. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the official website of Udyam Registration
- Click on the “For New Entrepreneurs who are not yet Registered as MSME” button.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and name as mentioned on the Aadhaar card. Click on the “Validate & Generate OTP” button.
- Click the “Validate OTP” button after entering the OTP you received on your registered mobile number.
- Fill in the required details such as the name of the enterprise, its type, address, and bank details. Before submitting, confirm that all of the information is entered precisely.
- After submitting the form, an acknowledgement number will be generated. Save the number for future reference.
- The registration certificate will be sent to your registered email ID.
It’s important to note that Udyam Aadhaar registration is free of cost, and no documents need to be uploaded during the registration process. However, it’s always advisable to keep all the relevant documents handy for future reference.
What is MSME?
MSME stands for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. MSMEs are considered to be the backbone of the Indian economy, contributing significantly to employment generation, industrial production, and exports. The Government of India defines MSMEs based on their investment in plant and machinery or equipment for manufacturing or service enterprises. As per the latest revised definition, the classification of MSMEs is as follows:
- Micro Enterprise: Investment in plant and machinery or equipment up to Rs. 1 crore and turnover up to Rs. 5 crore.
- Small Enterprise: Investment in plant and machinery or equipment between Rs. 1 crore to Rs. 10 crore and turnover between Rs. 5 crore to Rs. 50 crore.
- Medium Enterprise: Investment in plant and machinery or equipment between Rs. 10 crore to Rs. 50 crore and turnover between Rs. 50 crore to Rs. 250 crore.
MSMEs are given various benefits and incentives by the Government of India to promote their growth and development. Some of these benefits include priority lending, technology upgradation, tax exemptions, subsidies, and various other schemes and initiatives.
Definition of Udyam Registration
Udyam Registration is a government initiative launched by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) of India to provide a unique identification number to all the existing and new MSMEs in the country. The main objective of Udyam Registration is to promote and support the growth of MSMEs by providing them with various benefits, including easy access to credit, subsidies, and other schemes and incentives offered by the government.
Udyam Registration is a completely online process that requires no registration fees and can be completed within a few minutes. It involves the registration of a business with its basic details such as name, Aadhaar number, PAN number, and bank account details. Once registered, the MSME will receive a unique Udyam Registration Number (URN) and an e-certificate. This URN can be used for availing various benefits and schemes offered by the government for MSMEs. All MSMEs that want to utilize government benefits must complete an Udyam Registration.
The Advantages of Udyam Registration
Udyam Registration offers various advantages to MSMEs in India. The following are some advantages of Udyam Registration:
- Access to credit: MSMEs registered under Udyam can easily get loans from banks and other financial institutions as they are eligible for various government schemes and incentives.
- Government subsidies: Registered MSMEs can avail of various subsidies and schemes provided by the government for MSMEs, including capital investment, raw material assistance, and marketing assistance.
- Priority in government tenders: Udyam-registered MSMEs get priority in government procurement, making it easier for them to win government contracts.
- Protection against delay in payment: Udyam-registered MSMEs can raise complaints about delayed payments under the Micro and Small Enterprises Facilitation Council (MSEFC) to get their payment on time.
- International recognition: Udyam registration is recognized internationally, making it easier for MSMEs to access international markets and participate in global tenders.
- Reduced compliance burden: Udyam registration simplifies the compliance process by providing a single platform for registration and various other services, reducing the compliance burden on MSMEs.
Overall, Udyam Registration offers a range of benefits to MSMEs, making it easier for them to grow and succeed in the competitive market.
Suggested Read: Udyam Registration Online